Sat, Oct 16 | Edith L Moore Nature Sanctuary
Nature Santuary - HIKING TRAILS (small group event)
Park at the Memorial Methodist Church Lot (12995 Memorial) on the eastern boundary of the sanctuary
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Oct 16, 12:00 PM CDT – Oct 17, 3:00 PM CDT
Edith L Moore Nature Sanctuary , 440 Wilchester Blvd, Houston, TX 77079, USA
About the event
- MAX 6 couples in a group. Contact us if we need to start a 2nd group.
- We will stay on marked trails - walking only, and will not access the creek.
- We will walk with caution as boardwalks may be slippery when wet.
- We will observe ‘Leave No Trace’ by packing out all garbage and recycling that we bring in.
- Activities which could interfere with nature or the quiet observation of nature by visitors are not permitted.
- We are aware that ELMNS is a wild place with potentially dangerous animals that require our respect, including venomous snakes, mosquitoes, fire ants, poison ivy and armadillo burrows.
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed in the sanctuary.
- The mission of the Houston Audubon Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary is to provide an urban wildlife sanctuary for native plants and animals and to provide education about the natural environment to Houstonians of all ages. We will keep this in mind and use our best judgment in making sure that all of our actions are consistent with this ethic.